June 21, 2011

99 Thanks

Once again the 99 Cent Store comes through in a pinch. If you live outside the serving area of the 99 Cent Store then you just don't know what you're missing; though My Mom, who lives in Virginia, swears by the Dollar Tree, which I've also visited and yeah it's good BUT at not everything is 99 cents.
 
When I picked up the two shirts for my ruffled shirt I also nabbed 2 red shirts with what I call a crinkly texture. Perfect for another t-shirt refashion following Tea Rose Home and her T-Shirt Makeover. The white peaking through was already part of the shirt so I opted to use white thread for the rosettes. I think it'll 'fray' up nicely with a good wash and then it'll really POP.
 
What do you guys think? Have you re-fashioned your own tees?
 
We're on Not Just a Housewife's Linky Party #29 and

1 comment:

  1. I haven't refashioned a tee yet but I do plan on turning one of my skirts into a pair of shorts and another skirt into a hobo bag. Don't know how I'm going to do it but we'll see. Looks like we're both newbies to the blogging world so welcome. I look forward to journeying along with you! Happy Sewing!

    Tori

    ReplyDelete